- 3-4 bananas – medium to large (overripe or ripe)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons jaggery powder or sugar
- ¾ cup water or add as required
- oil as required
- First, peel the bananas and put them in a mixing bowl or pan.
- Now well slice them into small pieces and then mash them all together.
- Now to this, you shall add jaggery powder as per your taste or sugar powder if jaggery powder is not available.
- Add water in parts.
- Then begin to mix it with the flour. I added a total of ¾ cup of water. Depending on the quality of whole wheat flour you can add adjust the water proportion.
Mix very well and make a smooth batter without lumps. The batter has to have a medium-thick flowing consistency.
Making Banana Pancakes
Now to start making the banana pancakes heat a pan. Once the pan is heated enough sprinkle a bit of oil on the pan. To make it a bit more desi you can instead of oil you can also use ghee or butter.
Ensure to keep the heat to a low or medium-low so that you don't burn your pancakes. First, pour a spoonful of the batter into the pan and then gently spread it. Do not spread too much. Just form small pancakes.
Keep cooking the pancake on low to medium-low heat.
So that it cooks from all the sides evenly drizzle some oil on the sides and top.
When you see that the base is getting golden and slightly crisp, turn over the banana pancake to cook it from the other side.
Cook this second side until it gets golden as well. If you want you can flip and cook once or twice.
- Then place each cooked banana pancake in a single layer inside a casserole dish or on a baking sheet, and keep it in an oven at the lowest temperature while you make the remaining pancakes. This is to ensure that the pancakes don't go limp before you eat them.
- Now for the best part, drizzle some Molo Amla Murabba syrup on top of the packers and place some amlas on top.
This will surely become your favorite breakfast!