For Veggie Stuffing
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 small garlic cloves
½ cup chopped onions
½ cup chopped green capsicum
4 cups of chopped mushrooms – 300 grams
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon soy sauce
salt as required
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper powder
1 teaspoon white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
1 tablespoon MOLO Dela Pickle
For Pico De Gallo
½ cup finely chopped tomatoes – 2 medium tomatoes
½ teaspoon chopped green chillies
½ cup finely chopped onion
2 small garlic cloves,
3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
1 teaspoon lemon juice
salt as required
8 tortilla – plain flour, corn or whole wheat
1 cup beans
½ cup sour cream
Making Vegetable Filling
In a broad non-stick pan, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Once heated, add finely chopped garlic and chopped onions. Saute it and leave for a few seconds until the onions soften.
To this now add the ½ cup of the chopped green capsicum. Sauté the chopped green capsicum with the onions and garlic for about 2 minutes on medium-low to medium heat.
- Add 3.5 to 4 cups chopped button mushrooms to the pan.
- Mix and sauté mushrooms on medium to medium-high heat. You will see that the mushrooms will release lots of water.
- Continue to sauté the veggies in the pan until all moisture is dried up.
- Now it's time to season the paste, add the following to the pan: cumin powder, red chilli powder, salt as required, oregano, sugar and soy sauce.
- To add a bit of a tangy taste to it, add the MOLO Dela Pickle
- After adding the spices and seasonings, mix and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes on low to medium-low heat.
Making Pico De Gallo
In a mixing bowl take finely chopped onions, green chillies, finely chopped tomatoes, fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves. You can also add ¼ teaspoon finely chopped garlic if you like. Add a teaspoon of Molo Dela Pickle and mix it up.
Add some freshly squeezed lemon juice. Also, add salt as required.
- Mix and set aside.
- Before you begin assembling the burrito keep all the topping elements you will need nearby.
- Heat a pan on medium flame. Once the pan becomes hot, place the tortilla and roast for 2 minutes on medium flame on both sides. You can flip once or twice to roast well and evenly.
- Remove the toasted tortilla from heat. Depending on the size of the tortillas, add between 1 to 3 tablespoons of each filling. Do not over stuff, as it will ooze out while folding.
- First, add beans in the centre of the tortilla. Next place 1 to 2 tablespoons of the mushroom and bell pepper stuffing on top of the beans.
- Then top with 1 to 2 tablespoons pico de gallo.
- Place 1 tablespoon sour cream in the centre to complete the vegetarian burrito filling.
- First, fold the left side firmly. Fold the right side over the left, being sure to wrap firmly and tightly. Then fold the lower and bottom parts.
- Wrap the lower ¾ of the burrito in aluminium foil to help keep it wrapped.
- If you like, you can slice the burrito in half and then serve!