Dry Sautéed Aloo Gobi Sabji
- 4-5 tablespoons of oil or ghee
- 500 grams cauliflower, do remember to remove the florets from it and rinse it.
- 400 grams of potatoes, after rinsing it, slice it in wedges form and keep it.
- 1 tablespoon Molo Ginger Pickle
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder
- salt as required
- ½ teaspoon of Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves for garnish
Preparation – Recipe 2 For Dry Aloo Gobi Sabji
- First, let's rinse the cauliflower in water to remove dirt and insects if any. Once rinsed chop the cauliflower into medium-sized florets.
- In a pan, put a cup of water and boil it while adding some salt to it. Add the cauliflower florets which we had cut into it. Cover the pan and let the florets blanch in the hot water.
- After the blanching is over, drain all the water from the florets and keep them aside.
Take a kadai or thick bottomed pan, and with a spoon add some oil or ghee and heat it. Once heated lower the flame and add the cut potato wedges to this pan.
Stir the potatoes well and sauté them on a low flame for about 6 to 7 minutes. Keep stirring the potatoes when sautéing them.
Sauté cauliflower for 3 to 4 minutes. Continue to stir often so that they get brownish evenly.
Next spice it up with some turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Now add the adraki touch to it - Add 1 tablespoon of MOLO Ginger Pickle to it.
Stir again very well, so that the spices are mixed throughout the sabzis and coat the veggies also evenly.
Cover And Cook
Now, it's time to cook all the vegetables together. Cover the pan with a lid and tighten it closely. Cook the aloo gobi mixture for 18 to 20 minutes on low heat. This is to slowly cook the vegetables and enhance the taste. Timing will vary with the size, depth and quality of the pan and flame intensity.
In between this slow cooking of aloo gobi remove the lid and stir well a couple of times. Cover and then again continue to cook. Do not add any extra water. The steam inside the pan will help in the cooking of the veggies.
Once the potatoes and cauliflower have cooked, softened and fork-tender, sprinkle garam masala powder and mix it with the entire sabzi.
- Serve aloo gobi ki sabji with rotis or parathas and a bowl of curd with a small spoon of Molo Ginger Pickle. If you want you can garnish aloo gobi sabzi with a few coriander leaves.