For The Tomato Sauce
2 cups fresh tomato pulp
1 ½ tbsp olive oil
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp MOLO Raw Turmeric Pickle
For The Lasagna Sheets
4 lasagne sheets, easily available in the
1 tsp oil
Salt to taste
For The Roasted Vegetables
1 cup diagonally cut capsicum
1/2 cup diagonally cut baby corn
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup diagonally cut zucchini
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
2 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
salt and to taste
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated processed cheese
For the tomato sauce
- First, pour 1 ½ tbsp of olive oil in a broad non-stick pan and heat it for about a few seconds then, add the 1 tsp finely chopped garlic and sauté it on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Once the garlic turns a little brownish add 1/2 cup finely chopped onions and sauté them too on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and keep stirring it with a wooden spoon.
- To this add the fresh 2 cups of tomato pulp to this, let it sit for about 30 seconds.
- Now it's time to season the paste with oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes while stirring.
- To bring more flavour into this, add 1 tsp of the MOLO Raw Turmeric Pickle to it and add some sugar to balance the flavours overall, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
For Lasagna Sheets
- Take another pan and add water, oil and salt to this pan, mix well and allow the water to boil.
- Once the water starts boiling, add 3 lasagne sheets and let it cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, ensuring that the sheets do not stick to each other.
- Drain and remove it on a plate. Keep aside.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to cook the remaining 2 lasagne sheets.
For the roasted vegetables
- Heat some olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, let it heat up for a few seconds. Then add the garlic and chilli flakes and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add 1 cup of sliced capsicum, baby corn, broccoli, zucchini and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while tossing regularly. Keep aside.
Putting it all together
- For the final prep to make the vegetable lasagne, spread about ¼ cup of prepared tomato sauce evenly in a baking pan.
- Place 2 cooked lasagne sheets evenly over tomato sauce and press against it lightly.
- Spread a good portion of the creamy vegetables with a wooden spoon and 5 tbsp of the prepared tomato sauce evenly over it.
- Top it with some of the roasted vegetables and spread it evenly across the entire sheet.
- Now sprinkle ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup of processed cheese evenly over the roasted vegetables.
- Finally, sprinkle mixed herbs evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°f) for 15 to 20 minutes, or till the cheese melts and it turns light brown in colour from the top.
- Serve the vegetable lasagne hot!