For Cooking Pasta
1 cup penne pasta, 100 grams
4 cups of water
1 teaspoon salt
For Masala Base
½ cup finely onions
½ teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
2 medium to large tomatoes, finely chopped
⅓ teaspoon turmeric powder
⅓ teaspoon cumin powder
⅓ teaspoon black pepper powder
½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
½ teaspoon Coriander Powder
¼ cup green peas, fresh or frozen
¼ cup finely chopped capsicum
½ cup water or add as required
2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
⅓ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
salt as required
some grated cheddar cheese for garnish
1 tablespoon MOLO Lasora Pickle
Cooking the Pasta
- We start to cook the pasta by heating 4 cups of water in a pan and add ½ to 1 teaspoon of salt till it comes to a boil.
- When the water starts to boil, add the pasta to the pan.
- Keep cooking the pasta until it becomes al dente. You can also cook it more if you want to make it soft.
Once done cooking strain the pasta from the pan and keep it aside.
Making Masala Pasta Recipe
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan and add the finely chopped onions.
- Saute till the onions become translucent and a little brownish
- Then add ginger-garlic paste. Saute till the raw aroma of ginger-garlic goes away.
- Then add 1 cup of finely chopped tomatoes.
- Stir and saute on a low to medium flame till the tomatoes soften.
- Then add all the spice powders one by one.
- Mix the spice powders very well.
- To add some tangy flavour to your pasta add 1 tablespoon of MOLO Lasora Pickle to this. Mix it well.
- Next, add the mixed veggies.
- Season with salt. Mix very well and saute for a minute.
- Add water. Mix again. cover the pan with its lid. On a low to medium flame simmer till the veggies are cooked.
- When the veggies are done, add the pasta. Mix very well.
- Next, add 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves and 2 tablespoons of chopped spring onions greens (optional).
- Then add garam masala powder. Mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Serve Indian style masala pasta hot or warm garnished with some coriander leaves or some grated cheddar cheese or vegetarian parmesan cheese.