1 cup all-purpose flour
2 small spring onions
1 teaspoon soy sauce
Molo Green Chilli Pickle
Preparing the dough
- Add 1 cup all-purpose flour, ¼ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon oil in a bowl. Mix this well with a spoon.
Add 2 tablespoons of water and knead into a dough. Ensure the dough is not too soft. Add more water as may be required.
- Cover the dough with a slightly moist kitchen towel. Allow the dough to rest for half an hour.
Making the momo stuffing
- Finely chop all the veggies (cabbage, carrots, button mushrooms, spring onions) and keep them aside
- Heat oil in a frying pan or wok. Add ½ teaspoon chopped garlic. Sauté for 3 to 4 seconds on medium-low heat.
- Add 2 small finely chopped spring onions. Stir and sauté for 10 to 15 seconds on medium-low heat.
- Add all the finely chopped vegetables into the pan
- Increase the flame and stir fry the vegetables on medium to high heat. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add 1 teaspoon soy sauce, ½ teaspoon black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Continue to stir fry on a medium to high flame for 2 to 3 minutes more. Mix well. Add more salt, pepper or soy sauce, as may be required.
- Take the stuffing off the heat and let it cool.
- Once it has cool, add ½ tablespoon of Molo Green Chilli pickle and mix well.
Making the momos!
- Break up the dough into smaller balls and then roll them out flat.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of the filling to the flattened dough. Then start pleating the dough. Bring the edges of the dough together and make smaller pleats to make a boat-shaped momo.
- Take a pan and layer it with some oil. Now arrange the momos on this pan and add 2 cups of water.
- Cover the pan and steam it for about 4-6 minutes till the dough becomes translucent. You can touch the momos to see if they are still sticky.
Serve the momos with some chilli sauce and a side of Molo Green Chilli Pickle!