- ½ tsp instant yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Making the dough:
- To begin, combine instant yeast and sugar in a large mixing dish.
- Add 1 cup of warm water and stir. Allow the yeast to activate before serving. After around 10 to 15 minutes, you should observe the yeast mixture bubbling up and doubling in size.
- To 1 cup of unbleached all-purpose flour, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt
- Stir. Then add another cup of flour.
- Once the mixture is sticky, add the final cup of flour. The dough will begin to form and leave the bowl's sides, but it will remain sticky.
- It's now time to knead the dough by hand until it's smooth and elastic. To keep your work from sticking, dust it with flour. The dough should be soft and elastic, with no sticky residue.
- Keep the dough in the deep bowl and lightly brush a little olive oil around the outside of it. When the dough proofs and grows, this will keep it from adhering to the sides of the bowl.
- Allow the dough to leaven at room temperature, covered lightly with a kitchen napkin or towel. Let it rest for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- To create the pizza straight away, divide the dough into portions and flatten it into a disc.
Step 2: The Sauce
What you will need:
- 5 or 6 medium tomatoes
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3-4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons of Molo Lemon Pickle
- 2-3 teaspoons dried oregano
- Crushed black pepper for seasoning
Making the sauce:
- You have the option of chopping the tomatoes and using them fresh in the sauce, or blanching them first and then blending them.
- For this pizza recipe, mix the raw or blanched tomatoes to get a puree that is as smooth or chunky as you prefer.
- Next, heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan and add the minced garlic. To soften the garlic, sauté and stir for a few seconds.
- Mix in the tomato puree thoroughly. Continue to toss and simmer the tomatoes for another 5 minutes.
- As needed, season with salt. Mix and mix everything together.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat for 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes have softened, stirring periodically. If sauce is too thick, add some water and cook for few more minutes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are soft and the sauce has thickened.
- Add the herbs and black pepper to taste.
- To add a real desi, zesty twist to the sauce add 2 tablespoons of MOLO’s lemon pickle. It’s even tastier than how wild it sounds!
- Set aside the sauce after thoroughly mixing it.
Step 3: Assembling & Baking
What you will need:
- Olive oil, cornmeal or flour for greasing pan
Assembling the pizza:
- To begin, preheat the oven to the highest setting possible. Lightly flour a round metal baking pan that has been greased with olive oil.
- Make 4 small, 2 large, or 3 medium pizzas by dividing the pizza dough into equal sections.
- Take one portion of the divided dough and roll it into a tidy round ball with clean, dry hands. Place the dough on a floured cutting board or countertop, and lightly dust the dough with extra flour.
- Roll the dough ball into a large round or oval form using a rolling pin, about 1/8 to 1/4 inches thick. For the most equal pizza dough, roll the dough from the centre to the outer edges. It's possible that you'll need to sprinkle the surface with flour as you work.
- Place the pizza base in the oiled baking sheet once it has been stretched to the desired size. Because the dough is soft and pliable, be cautious not to tear it.
- Poke the dough with a fork at this point if you want a thinner, crispier crust. This also helps to keep the crust from puffing up throughout the baking process. You can leave the dough alone for a fluffier, chewier veggie pizza crust.
- Brush the surface of the crust with olive oil using a pastry brush.
- Then, in a thin, equal layer, apply the tomato sauce to the pizza. For a great pizza crust, leave about an inch of dough around the outer border free of sauce.
- Add a handful or two of shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of the sauce.
- A few mushrooms, onions, capsicum, and green olives are another topping option. If you're going to use mushrooms, make sure they're fresh and top them lightly. The crust will become mushy if there are too many mushrooms.
- In a preheated oven, bake the veg pizza for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the crust is brown.
- Wait a minute or two before serving the veg pizza while it is still warm. To add a real desi, zesty twist, lather on a light layer of MOLO’s lemon pickle. It’s even tastier than how wild it sounds!